Here are a few thoughts...
- A soft dry cotton towel is great for your cue.
- It can be used on the shafts as well as the butt.
- Avoid sanding your shaft. Sanding your shaft will eventually change its shape & size.
- Use sandpaper in grits 1000 and higher to avoid removing material from the shaft.
- Have your tips done professionally.
- Avoid cleaning your shaft with water or cleaners if possible.
- The cleaner your hands are the cleaner the cue will be.
- Never wet your linen wrap with water or cleaners.